BE BIO Soap nuts – Ancient Soap – Made by Nature
Be Bio soap nuts are harvested at the optimal time to ensure the maximum saponin content. They are then de-seeded by hand and dry in the sun. We hand-sort select them to ensure that your soap nuts are the absolute finest.
SOAP NUT USES
- Non-streak glass & window cleaner
- All-purpose kitchen and bathroom cleaner
- Perfect for washing fruits and vegetables
- Gentle dish detergent, not recommended for most dishwashers
- Excellent for stainless steel, polished granite, tile and counter tops
- High sheen jewelry cleaner
- Low sudsing carpet cleaner for ultra-soft carpet and rugs
- Wash water is excellent for watering yard and plants
- Effective plans spray for a non-toxic pest deterrent
- Gentle car wash (won’t remove wax)
- Biodegradable soap. Even helps ward off insect
- Gentle, non –irritating, chemical free washing and bathing
- Conditioning hair and skin treatments. Excellent for most with eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, dandruff, itchy scalp & other irritating skin conditions. An initial patch test is recommended.
- The ultimate pet shampoo. Leaves coat with a healthy sheen while leaving skin soft and nourished. Also helps deter fleas, ticks and other common pests.
Use as raw nuts, powder or liquid form
Raw soap nuts (traditional method):
- Put 8-9 soap nuts in a cotton bag (or a shock), tie bag securely.
- Wash by warm water: Toss directly into washing machines before adding clothes.
- Immediately remove from washer when wash is complete. Allow bag to dry unless doing another load. You may remove them prior to the rinse cycle to extend usefulness. They are not harmed by drying in the dryer.
- Reuse 3-4 times
- Note for cold water: soak soap nuts in a cup of hot water for 15-20 minutes to expedite saturation. Pour water & bag in the laundry. Or simply allow to soak longer during pre-wash. Contrary to what some think, raw soap nuts work fine in cold water. Being very saturated is the key.
- Soap nuts are no longer effective when they stop producing soap, turn soft, mushy, grayish in color and become very thin.
- Grind soap nuts in a blender or coffee grinder. Grind to a very fine powder for laundry. Make a courser, more abrasive grind for scouring and scrubbing needs
- This may require a couple grindings, remove un-ground pieces
- Put 2 or 3 teaspoons of fine grind in wash water. Wash as usual
- Place soap nuts in water, bring to a boil and simmer. Cool and strain. The ratio of soap nuts to water, plus “cooking” time will affect the liquid’s concentration and potency. Experiment until desired results are acquired. There is no wrong way of cooking them into a liquid. Liquid will vary accordingly.
- The saponin (soap) is extracted from the nuts when they turn very light tan/gray, are very mushy, and lack a slippery, soapy feel. Spent shells are great for compost, or to add nutrients into the soil of garden or house plants. They are 100% biodegradable.
- Store your homemade liquid in an airtight glass jar in a cool place away from direct sunlight. As with any unpreserved, water-based botanical extract, soap nut liquid has limited shelf life. Freeze or refrigerate to extend shelf life.
LAUNDRY USAGE TIPS: (visit: https://www.facebook.com/quabohon.bebio/)
- Don’t overstuff loads! Good water flow, circulation and agitation are MUST for achieving best results.
- Soap nuts are not for tough stain removal, pre-treat as usual if needed.
- Don’t expect lot of suds, there are no commercial chemical foaming agent added that create suds
- Hard water may require more soap nuts. Also try softening salts, washing soda and / or vinegar to help soften water.
- No need for softener or dryer sheets. Laundry will be very soft
- Soap nuts have a light vinegarish smell, but your laundry will smell clean & fresh with no scent at all
- If you prefer a scent, add an essential oil of choice on an absorbent cloth & use it like a dryer sheet
- For bright whites & colors, try an oxygen bleach. Occasionally a standard bleach may be desired for super white
Above all, have realistic expectations. Soap nuts are an alternative to harsh chemical detergents. NOTHING DO EVERYTHING.